Sunday, November 9, 2014

What's Blending?

What's Blending ?

I have started a new hobby that might be the healthiest hobby that I have ever had. The world of blending. It started with a simple trip to Wal-Mart, just for a few minor things, and I walked out with a cart full of fruits and vegetables and a Farberware single serving blender. That is what has led me here.

I had heard about "blending" before, here and there, but had never researched any of it myself. It wasn't something I had been wanting to get into, and happen more as a spur of the moment thing. But, I don't think I have ever been happier.

In just three short weeks, my energy level, my entire diet, and overall feeling from head to toe has increased ten fold. What was once a morning routine, as it is for so many, my four to five cups of coffee each morning, are all but gone. Stopping by one of the fast food breakfast joints on the way to work was also a ritual, and are now, non existent. Instead, I blend a different mixture of fruits, vegetables, and vitamins every morning as a breakfast meal replacement. I would rather have a high natural sugar intake in the morning, and a healthy energy boost, then to drink a large iced Dunkin' Donuts coffee, daily, partnered with anything from Chick-Fil-A. My body feels the same.

I have also replaced a boring protein shake before heading to the gym or track, with a high energy protein smoothie. Whey protein mixtures start to taste like chalk, and very grainy. Instead of just adding water to my protein powder, adding it to a healthy blend of vegetables before and after my workout not only tastes better, but I can give my body the extra fuel it needs to not just workout, but to motivate myself to get out of the house to workout, and not hit the couch after a long day of work, and "workout another day."

So, I have created a blog, to track my recipes, my progressions, thoughts, feelings, and overall experience with blending. It entered my life out without any notice, and has turned my diet around so much, that maybe, just maybe, I can help someone else discover this new healthy way of life.

Be sure to follow my blog before leaving, so you get notified first thing when I update a new recipe or blog post.

- Michael

No comments:

Post a Comment